Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 1...It's not a 'diet' it's a 'lifestyle change'

Workout: 2.55 miles bike + 2.15 run (lots of incline changes and speed changes) - will post later...it's a great challenge run that's quick and easy.

Well, today I finally started my 'lifestyle change' - I was told by my running partner that I can't call it a diet because diets fail. Lifestyle changes are for good.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 grapefruit and 2 hard boiled eggs.
Snack: Orange
Dinner: Chicken breast, large salad w/ minimal dressing.
Snack: Baby carrots
Supper: Buffalo chicken tender cut up over a salad with salsa.

I drank a ton of water today, so hopefully it'll flush out some of those bad toxins that our bodies hold onto.

While on the subject of lifestyle changes...while picking up my daughter from school, I bumped into a friend of mine. She told me that she just came from the doctor's office - she recently had a small lump removed from her lip. The biopsy on it came back as lymphoma. As I write this, I'm completely in shock still. She has 2 kids - both the same age as mine. It's crazy to think that at our age this can happen. There was nothing that she did that would have caused this...she's a healthy, non-smoking, amazing mom. She'll know more after another test next week, as to where the lymphoma is located and how severe it is. I can't even imagine what she's going through. Especially with 2 small kids.

It really makes you sit back and be thankful for the things you have in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment